Thursday, April 9, 2009

I’d Love to Change the World…

# … but I don’t know what to do … so I’ll leave it up to youou !! #

First of all, let me express my pride and gratitude to have been given the opportunity to strum my guitar up there on the Balcony!

The song written by the legendary Ten Years After is still contemporary “Thirty Eight Years After”. Especially in Greece where the lyrics seem to apply the most. 

In the past few months, there has been a continuing concern (and an accompanying market reaction) whether over-indebted EMU countries can in practice default in the current slump. Although both ECB and local government officials in the Mediterranean have been quick to dismiss such a possibility and drive sovereign credit markets tighter, the debate seems to be still on-going.

Ironically enough, the leading mobile carrier in Greece recently launched what is probably their most expensive advertisement ever!! This is not depicting Athens by the way (although it could be, considering what’s taking place in the ad)!!

# Life is funny… skies are sunny… bees make honey… who needs money, Monopolyyyy #

No comments: